QUOTES are very wise sayings of famous people who had experienced much more than us. Though many of these are handed down to us by word of mouth or in written form, it is very difficult to allocate who had said them.
Well, if we chew on some of these quotes (and idioms) mix them up and with some creativity, we can call them OUR OWN QUOTES. Yes, we may be stepping on someone’s toes and some wise guys have said them before us, nevertheless, as long as our conscience is clear that we ourselves have created them, we can dare say that they are ours! Let us enjoy and share some of these:
1. HEAVINESS IS THE HEAD THAT WEARS A CROWN! There is always a price over his head!
2. MORE HASTE, LESS SPEED! To me it will be MORE HASTE, MORE MESSY MISTAKES!
3. BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER. They are very clever birds because there is always safety in greater number. It’s difficult to identify the culprit!
4. GREEN FINGERS. You will be extremely wealthy if you have GREEN FINGERS. Why? Don’t cultivate any other plant but MONEY TREES because MONEY grows on TREES!
5. ANGELS CANNOT HELP US TO RIGHT A WRONG, BUT HUMANS CAN!
6. HE WHO CONQUERS OTHERS IS STRONG, BUT HE WHO CONQUERS HIMSELF IS MIGHTIER! Just imagine, YOU FIGHTING YOURSELF. You must be mad. How can you be mightier?
7. A LIAR WILL NOT BE BELIEVED EVEN WHEN HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH. That is why he has to continue to lie as no one believes him!
8. BUILDING CASTLES IN THE AIR. It does not cost us a single cent but it gives us great satisfaction. Better than going to a therapist!
9. TWO WRONGS DO NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. But in Mathematics, two negatives makes it positive!
10. EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING. Why is it that we only get water and not the SILVER when it rains?
11. Why do we say that “It rains cats and dogs”? These are not the biggest animals in the world. It should be “It rains elephants and rhinoceros!” Do you agree?
12. There is danger in PAINTING THE TOWN RED! Why did the painter choose RED. RED signifies danger. Is he trying to tell us that there is danger in PAINTING THE TOWN RED?
Well, I think I ought to stop here and now. Otherwise, all of you may not be able to create some of your own. Send some of them to me after you have created them.